The Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in Canada report published by Canadean provides in-depth information on value and volume data by category and distribution channel. Leading brands, the most opportunistic foodservice channels, and packaging material and container consumption are also covered.
- The consumption of Wine in Canada grew at a CAGR of 3.2% during 2009-2014 and is forecast to register growth at a CAGR of 3.7% during 2014-2019.
- Of the three Wine categories analyzed, Fortified Wine is the fastest growth category, registering a CAGR of 4.2% during 2009-2019
- The Canadian Wine market is highly competitive and is led by players such as Brights Wines, Freixenet Dws Ltd and Bacardi Wines Ltd.
- The average price of Wine increased by 0.6% while alcoholic beverages and tobacco price inflation stood at 5.6%. Due to this increase in price index, Canadian consumers prefer brands that offer better value for money. Private Label did not have any market penetration in 2014.
- Glass packaging will register high growth at a CAGR of 2.9% during 2014-2019.
The report on the Wine Market sector in Canada provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types, closures, and information on category level distribution and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2014-2019
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Still Wine, Sparkling Wine and Fortified Wine, with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2014-2019
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, private label growth analysis during 2011-2014
- Distribution data: Value shares within each category through channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food and Drinks Specialists and more
- Packaging data: usage of different packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging materials: flexible packaging, rigid plastics, rigid metal and others; containers: tray, tub, foil and others
- Consumer level trends: Top four consumer trends which influence prepared meals consumption
- Future outlook: Reviews and recommendations on how the market will shape up from 2014-2019
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyse key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving prepared meals consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion