A strong economy and consumers with high disposable income is driving the growth of the US Spirits market. The market is being led by the Vodka category which is also forecast to register the fastest growth in volume terms. Hypermarkets and Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the Spirits market. Diageo Plc and Bacardi Limited are the leading market players in the country.
- The Whiskey category is expected to register fastest value growth among all categories during 2015-2020.
- Vodka category is the largest value category in the US Spirits market.
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel across all categories in the US Spirits market.
- Fireball is the leading brand of Liqueurs.
- Private label products in the Vodka category registered the fastest growth during 2012-2015.
- Screw Top is the most commonly used closure type in the US Spirits market.
Canadean's Consumer and Market Insights report on the Spirits market in the US provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for eight categories including Brandy, Gin and Genever, Liqueurs, Rum, Specialty Spirits, Tequila and Mezcal, Vodka, and Whiskey with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2012-2015
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food and Drinks Specialists and others in 2015
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Glass, Paper and Board, Rigid Plastics, and others; container data for: Bottle, Carton and Bag-In-Box
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning