The Indonesian Spirits market is forecast to register growth in value as well as volume terms during 2014-2019. The Specialty Spirits category will have the largest volume share while Tequila and Mezcal will be the fastest growing category during 2014-2019. While price and affordability is important to the majority of Indonesian consumers, recent economic growth has led to an increase in the purchasing power of middle class consumers and they are willing to spend on Spirits, predominantly imported Spirits that offer a rewarding taste experience. However, surging prices for imported Spirits due to increased tariff rates may lead to illicit Spirits consumption in the country resulting in intensifying competition among international brands
- The Specialty Spirits category accounted for 88.5% of the Indonesian Spirits market in 2014.
- The Tequila and Mezcal category is forecast to register the fastest growth in value terms during 2014-2019 while the Whiskey category will gain maximum market share in value terms during 2014-2019.
- On-Trade sales have the largest distribution share in the Indonesian Spirits market.
- Glass is the only packaging material that is used in the Spirits market in Indonesia.
- Martell, Bols and Bacardi are the preferred brands in the Sprits market in Indonesia.
- Consuming Spirits or cocktails in Indonesia is expensive as the majority of Spirits are imported and carry large tariffs, which makes it a premium and luxury lifestyle product.
- The young, affluent Indonesians are less value conscious and try new variants and are seen to be preferring fruity flavors in Liqueurs and Vodka which can be enjoyed in social gatherings.
Canadean's Consumer and Market Insights report on the Spirits market in Indonesia provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2014-2019
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Brandy, Gin and Genever, Liqueurs, Rum, Specialty Spirits, Tequila and Mezcal, Vodka, and Whiskey, with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2014-2019
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2011-2014
- Distribution data: Value shares within each category through channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food and Drinks Specialists and more
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for flexible packaging, rigid plastics, rigid metal and others; container data for: trays, tubs, foils and others.
- Consumer level trends: Top four consumer trends which influence Spirits consumption
- Future outlook: Reviews and recommendations on how the market will shape up from 2014-2019
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyse key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Spirits consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion