The Colombian Spirits market is forecast to register high growth in value as well as volume terms during 2014-2019. The Specialty Spirits category will have the largest volume share while Tequila and Mezcal will be the fastest growing category during 2014-2019. Aguardiente is an important part of social gatherings in Colombia as consumers feel connected to the Liqueur. However, with rising disposable incomes and stable economic conditions, coupled with reduced tariffs on imported spirits, the tastes and preferences of Colombian consumers are changing and they are spending more on imported brands which they associate with greater quality. The growth in imported Spirits will consequently lead to increased overall Spirits sales in Colombian Market.
- Specialty Spirits category has the largest volume share in the Colombian Spirits market while the Vodka category is forecast to register the fastest growth in value terms during 2014-2019.
- The Tequila and Mezcal category will register the highest growth in the Colombian Spirits market during 2009-2019.
- On-Trade sales have the largest distribution share in the Colombian Spirits market.
- Glass is the only packaging material that is used in the Spirits market in Colombia.
- Domeoq, Jose Cuervo and Sabajon Mambo are the preferred brands in the Sprits market in Colombia.
- With a significant rise in the middle and upper income population in the recent years, the consumer interest in high quality products that provide new experiences is increasing.
- The packaging companies are designing innovative packaging that will help distillers to protect the brand image.
Canadean's Consumer and Market Insights report on the Spirits market in Colombia provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2014-2019
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Brandy, Gin and Genever, Liqueurs, Rum, Specialty Spirits, Tequila and Mezcal, Vodka, and Whiskey, with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2014-2019
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2011-2014
- Distribution data: Value shares within each category through channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food and Drinks Specialists and more
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for flexible packaging, rigid plastics, rigid metal and others; container data for: trays, tubs, foils and others.
- Consumer level trends: Top four consumer trends which influence Spirits consumption
- Future outlook: Reviews and recommendations on how the market will shape up from 2014-2019
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyse key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Spirits consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion