Growing GDP per capita, supported by a growing young population and low inflation rates will drive the market for Spirits in Canada. The Specialty Spirits category will register the fastest growth at a CAGR of 8.3% in local currency terms during 2014-2019 and will be followed by the Liqueurs category with a CAGR of 6.5%. Premiumization and product innovation will contribute to growing sales value and help expand the market share of Spirits.
- Increasing GDP per capita and low inflation rate to support consumer spending in Canada
- The Whiskey category accounted for the highest value with 27.7% share in the Spirits market in 2014.
- The Specialty Spirits category will register the fastest growth at a CAGR of 8.3% in local currency terms during 2014-2019 and will be followed by the Liqueurs category with a CAGR of 6.5%.
- Food and Drinks Specialists is the leading distribution channel and it accounted for 43.0% of the overall Spirits distribution in 2014.
- Mixology is driving the trend of new tastes and flavors in Canada's Spirits market.
- Whiskey is gaining popularity among women in Canada
- Manufacturers are focusing on innovation in not only ingredients but also in packaging to remain competitive in the market
The report on the Spirits market in Canada provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2014-2019
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Brandy, Whiskey, Rum, Vodka, Liqueurs, Specialty Spirits, Gin and Genever and Tequila and Mezcal categories , with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2014-2019
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2011-2014
- Distribution data: Value shares within each category through channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Spirits and Drinks Specialists and more
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for flexible packaging, rigid plastics, rigid metal and others; container data for: trays, tubs, foils and others.
- Consumer level trends: Top four consumer trends which influence prepared meals consumption
- Future outlook: Reviews and recommendations on how the market will shape up from 2014-2019
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving prepared meals consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion