The Belgian Spirits market is forecast to register moderate growth in value terms during 2014-2019. Rising inflation on alcoholic beverages and tobacco products has resulted in Belgian consumers choosing Spirits that offers better value for money. Whiskey is the largest category by value sales while Tequila and Mezcal category is forecast to register the fastest growth during 2014-2019.
- Rise in GDP per capita and low inflation rate provides opportunities to marketers for consumer goods in the Belgian Spirits market
- Of the eight spirits categories analyzed, Liqueurs is the largest category by volume and Tequila and Mezcal is the fastest value growth category, registering a CAGR of 2.2% during 2014-2019
- On-trade distribution accounted for 43.2% share, is the leading sales across categories of Spirits in Belgium
- Private Label has considerable market penetration of 10.8% in 2014. They compete with brands beyond price points, which has resulted in a Private Label products gaining market share from brands during 2011-2014
- Glass with 99.2% share, is the most used packaging material in the Spirits market in Belgium
The Consumer and Market Insights report on the Spirits market in Belgium provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2014-2019
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Brandy, Gin and Genever, Liqueurs, Rum, Specialty Spirits, Tequila and Mezcal, Vodka and Whiskey, with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2014-2019
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2011-2014
- Distribution data: Value shares within each category through channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food and Drinks Specialists and more
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for flexible packaging, rigid plastics, rigid metal and others; container data for: trays, tubs, foils and others.
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyse key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion