The Australian Spirits market is forecast to grow at a high rate in value terms during 2014-2019. Whiskey will remain the largest category in both value and volume terms during 2014-2019. Liqueurs will be the fastest growth category during the same period. A growing culture of Mixology in the Australian market is driving the growth of Boutique Spirits that offer high quality products. Resurgence of classic cocktails will drive the demand for Gin in the years to follow.
- Across the eight Spirits categories analyzed, the Whiskey was the leading category with largest market size in the Australian Spirits market. The Liqueurs will be the fastest growing category by value, registering growth at a CAGR of 12.4% during 2014-2019.
- The Australian Spirits market is highly competitive with many brands competing across categories. Few of the leading market players are Diageo plc, Pernod Ricard S.A. and Lvmh Mot Hennessy
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets led the distribution of Spirits products across all the analyzed categories with a 39.0% share in the overall Spirits distribution in 2014
- The Spirits market in Australia accounts for near about one-tenth of the overall Wine and Spirits retail sales by volume
- Boutique Spirits are gaining popularity in the Australian Spirits market. The trend is predominant in Whiskey and Gin, where the consumers are demanding more locally produced, craft distilled products
- Resurgence of classic cocktails will drive the demand for Gin in Australia
Canadean's Consumer and Market Insights report on the Spirits market in Australia provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2014-2019
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Brandy, Gin and Genever, Liqueurs, Rum, Specialty Spirits, Tequila and Mezcal, Vodka, Whiskey, with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2014-2019
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2011-2014
- Distribution data: Value shares within each category through channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food and Drinks Specialists and more
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for flexible packaging, rigid plastics, rigid metal and others; container data for: trays, tubs, foils and others.
- Consumer level trends: Top four consumer trends which influence Spirits consumption
- Future outlook: Reviews and recommendations on how the market will shape up from 2014-2019
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyse key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Spirits consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion