The Dutch Soup market is forecast to register sluggish growth during 2014-2019. The Dried Soup (mixes) is the largest category in value terms while the UHT Soup category is forecast to register the fastest growth during 2014-2019. Unox is the leading brand in Ambient Soup and UHT Soup categories. Hypermarkets and Supermarkets was the leading distribution channel for Soup products followed by Convenience Stores in 2014.
- Improving economic conditions and stable food prices will create growth opportunities in the Dutch Soup market
- Of the five Soup categories analyzed, Dried Soup(mixes) will remain the largest category while the UHT Soup category is forecast to register the fastest growth at a CAGR of 1.0% during 2014-2019
- The Dutch Soup market is a highly competitive market led by international companies such as Unilever Plc and H.J.Heinz Company and few domestic players such as Struik Foods
- The UHT Soup category had the highest penetration of private label Soup products in the Netherlands in 2014
- The use of Flexible Packaging in the Dutch Soup market is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 1.1% during 2014-2019
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets was the leading distribution channel for Soup products and accounted for 66.3% distribution share in 2014
The report on the Soup market in the Netherlands provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2014-2019
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Ambient Soup, Chilled Soup, Dried Soup(mixes), Frozen Soup and UHT Soup with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2014-2019
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2011-2014
- Distribution data: Value shares within each category through channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food and Drinks Specialists and more
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for flexible packaging, rigid plastics, rigid metal and others; container data for: trays, tubs, foils and others.
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyse key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion