The South African Soup market is forecast to register moderate growth in sales during 2014-2019. Dried Soup (mixes) category is the leading category by value and volume sales whereas; Chilled Soup category is forecast to register the fastest growth during 2014. Hypermarkets and Supermarkets account for dominant share of sales in the Soup market.
- The Soup market in South Africa is forecast to register a growth at a CAGR of 1.8% during 2014-2019 compared to a CAGR of 1.6% registered during 2009-2014
- Dried Soup (mixes) category has the largest volume share of 79.5% in South African Soup market. The Chilled Soup category is forecast to register the fastest growth at a CAGR of 3.6% in value terms during 2014-2019.
- Knorr, Royco, Goldcrest, Baxters and Heinz are the preferred brands in the Soup market in South Africa.
- Flexible Packaging has the dominant share of 96.9% in South Africa's Soup market.
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in South African Soup market
The report on the The Consumer and Market Insights: Soup Market in South Africa provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2014-2019
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Ambient Soup, Chilled Soup, Dried Soup (mixes),Frozen Soup and UHT Soup with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2014-2019
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2011-2014
- Distribution data: Value shares within each category through channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food and Drinks Specialists and more
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for flexible packaging, rigid plastics, rigid metal and others; container data for: trays, tubs, foils and others.
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion