The Consumer and Market Insights: 'Soup Market in New Zealand' report published by Canadean provides in-depth information on value and volume data by category and distribution channel. Leading brands, the most opportunistic foodservice channels, and packaging material and container consumption are also covered.
- Across the five Soup categories analyzed, Dried Soup (mixes) will remain the largest category in value term whereas Ambient Soup will register fastest value growth at a CAGR of 6.5% during 2009-2019.
- The Soup market in New Zealand is highly competitive and is led by international players like Nestle S.A., Unilever Plc, H. J. Heinz Company and Delmaine fine foods with a combined average market share of 39.6% in 2014.
- The use of Rigid Metal for packaging of Soup products is forecast to grow at the fastest CAGR of 5.1% during 2014-2019, led by increasing demand for Ambient Soup and Chilled soup products.
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets holds dominant market share of 73.0% in the distribution of Soup products in New Zealand.
The report on the Soup sector in New Zealand provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types, closures, and information on category level distribution and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2014-2019
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Ambient Soup, Chilled soup, Dried Soup (mixes), Frozen Soup and UHT Soup with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2014-2019
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, private label growth analysis during 2011-2014
- Distribution data:Value shares within each category through channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Foodand Drinks Specialists and more
- Packaging data: usage of different packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging materials: flexible packaging, rigid plastics, rigid metal and others; containers: tray, tub, foil and others
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyse key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion