Hong Kong's Soup market is forecast to grow at a marginally higher rate in both value and volume terms during 2014-2019 compared to 2009-2014. Ambient Soup is the leading category by value sales, whilst the Chilled Soup category will register fastest growth during 2014-2019. Majority of the packaged Soup products in the country are sold through Hypermarkets and Supermarkets. Campbell's and Knorr are the leading brands of Soup in Hong Kong.
- Of the five categories analyzed, Chilled Soup will remain the fastest growth category, registering a CAGR of 5.8% during 2009-2019
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in Hong Kong's Food market accounting for 58.9% of distribution in 2014.
- The use of Bag/Sachets for packaging Soup is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 3.1% during 2014-2019
- Private label has considerable market penetration of 4.3% in 2014. They compete with brands beyond price points, which has resulted in a Private Label products gaining market share from brands during 2011-2014
- Campbell's brand in Campbell Soup Company has dominant share of 68.4% in the Ambient Soup category.
The report on the Soup market in Hong Kong provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types, closures, and information on category level distribution and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2014-2019
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Ambient Soup, Dried Soup (mixes), UHT Soup, Chilled Soup and Frozen Soup, with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2014-2019
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, private label growth analysis during 2011-2014
- Distribution data: Value shares within each category through channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food and Drinks Specialists and more
- Packaging data: usage of different packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging materials: flexible packaging, rigid plastics, rigid metal and others; containers: tray, tub, foil and others
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyse key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion