The Consumer and Market Insights: Savory and Deli Market in South Korea report published by Canadean provides in-depth information on value and volume data by category and distribution channel. Leading brands, the most opportunistic foodservice channels, and packaging material and container consumption are also covered.
- Steady rise in GDP per capita to increase consumer spending in South Korea. The Savory and Deli market is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 3.8% during the period 2014-2019 to reach KRW2,504,696.0 million (US$2,386.1 million) by 2019.T
- The Prepared Salads category accounted for 25.2% of the South Korean Savory and Deli Foods market volume followed by Pies and Savory Appetisers with a 25.0%share in 2014.
- The Prepared Salads category is forecast to gain market share, growing from 34.5% in 2014 to 35.9% in 2019.
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel and it accounted for 64.3% of Savory and Deli Foods distribution in 2014, followed by Food and Drinks Specialists with24.6% share.
- Flexible Packaging will continue to be the most used packaging material during 2014-2019 growing at a CAGR of 3.0%.
The report on the Savory and Deli sector in South Korea provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types, closures, and information on category level distribution and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2014-2019
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Cured Meats, Fermented Meats, Pates, Pies and Savory Appetisers, Pre-Packed Sandwiches, Prepared Salads, Savory Baked Goods with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2014-2019
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, private label growth analysis during 2011-2014
- Distribution data: Value shares within each category through channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food and Drinks Specialists and more
- Packaging data: usage of different packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging materials: flexible packaging, rigid plastics, rigid metal and others; containers: tray, tub, foil and others
- Consumer level trends: Top four consumer trends which influence Savory and Deli consumption
- Future outlook: Reviews and recommendations on how the market will shape up from 2014-2019
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyse key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Savory and Deli consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion