High disposable income and large base of young consumer in Saudi Arabia will fuel growth in the Savory and Deli Foods market. The Savory Baked Goods category leads the Savory and Deli Foods market in Saudi Arabia, while the Prepared Salads is forecast to be the fastest growing category during 2014-2019. Hypermarkets and Supermarkets was the leading distribution channel for Savory and Deli food products, followed by Convenience Stores in 2014.
- Across the seven Savory and Deli Foods categories analyzed, Savory Baked Goods will remain the largest as well as fastest growth category in both value and volume terms, while the Prepared Salads category is expected to register fastest value growth at a CAGR of 5.5% during 2014-2019
- The Savory and Deli Foods market in Saudi Arabia is highly fragmented with a little competition in the Fermented Meats, Pies and Savory Appetisers and Savory Baked Goods categories. The market players in the Saudi Arabian Savory and Deli Foods market includes market players like Al Watania Agri, Americana Group and Sunbulah Co. which together account for 22.0% average market share in 2014
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets with a 62.3% share in distribution of Savory and Deli Foods products holds a dominant position across all distribution channels
- Use of Bag/Sachet container type will grow at a CAGR of 4.1% during 2014-2019, supported by increasing demand across Pies and Savory Appetisers and Savory Baked Goods products
The report on the Savory and Deli Foods market in Saudi Arabia provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2014-2019
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Savory Baked Goods, Cured Meats, Fermented Meats, Pates, Pre-Packed Sandwiches, Prepared Salads and Pies and Savory Appetisers, with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2014-2019
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2011-2014
- Distribution data: Value shares within each category through channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food and Drinks Specialists and more
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for flexible packaging, rigid plastics, rigid metal and others; container data for: trays, tubs, foils and others.
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyse key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion