The Consumer and Market Insights: Savory and Deli Foods Market in Canada report published by Canadean provides in-depth information on value and volume data by category and distribution channel. Leading brands, the most opportunistic foodservice channels, and packaging material and container consumption are also covered.
- Growing GDP per capita and low inflation rates will drive the market for consumer packaged goods in Canada. The Savory and Deli Foods market in Canada is forecast to grow at a higher CAGR of 3.6% during 2014-2019.
- The Pre-Packed Sandwiches category accounted for 61.1% of the Canadian Savory and Deli Foods market and is forecast to be the fastest growing category with a CAGR of 6.9% during 2014-2019
- The Canadian Foods and Deli Foods market is competitive and is led by many players McCain Foods, Gaudet Sweet Goods Inc., Sofina Foods Inc, Maple Leaf Foods Inc, Veg Pro International, Ocean Brands, Reser's Fine Foods, Palme D'or
- Private label products registered growth at a CAGR of 5.1% during 2011-2014, whereas branded products registered a CAGR of 2.7% during the same period. Private label Savory and Deli Foods products have grown at a better rate and have gained market share from brands during 2011-2014, indicating that consumers look for better value products available under store brands.
- Tray was the most commonly used container type accounting for 48.0% of the market share in 2014.
The report on the Savory and Deli Foods Market in Canada provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types, closures, and information on category level distribution and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2014-2019
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Cured Meats, Pre-Packed Sandwiches,Cured Meats, Pies and Savory Appetisers,Prepared Salads, Fermented Meats and Savory Baked Goods with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2014-2019
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, private label growth analysis during 2011-2014
- Distribution data: Value shares within each category through channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food and Drinks Specialists and more
- Packaging data: usage of different packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging materials: flexible packaging, rigid plastics, rigid metal and others; containers: tray, tub, foil and others.
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyse key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion