The Consumer and Market Insights: Prepared Meals Market in Malaysia report published by Canadean provides in-depth information on value and volume data by category and distribution channel. Leading brands, the most opportunistic foodservice channels, and packaging material and container consumption are also covered.
- The considerable base of young working consumers with busy lifestyles and impetus on convenience will bolster the demand for Prepared Meals in Malaysia
- Of the three prepared meals categories analyzed, Pizza will remain the fastest growth category, registering a CAGR of 4.1% during 2009-2019
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in Malaysias Food market accounting for 73.6% of distribution
- Yeos brand in Yeo Hiap Seng Limited has the dominant share of 44.4% in the Ready Meals category
- The use of Tray containers for packaging Prepared Meals is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 2.4% during 2014-2019, led by increasing demand for Ready Meals category
- Lack of time for scratch-cooking due to growing work pressure and increasing participation of women in workforce is driving the demand for Prepared Meals in Malaysia
The report on the Prepared Meals sector in Malaysia provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types, closures, and information on category level distribution and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2014-2019
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Meal Kits, Pizza and Ready Meals, with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2014-2019
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, private label growth analysis during 2011-2014
- Distribution data: Value shares within each category through channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food and Drinks Specialists and more
- Packaging data: usage of different packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging materials: flexible packaging, rigid plastics, rigid metal and others; containers: tray, tub, foil and others
- Consumer level trends: Top four consumer trends which influence prepared meals consumption
- Future outlook: Reviews and recommendations on how the market will shape up from 2014-2019
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyse key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving prepared meals consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion