Growing young population, rise in disposable income and increased urbanization will drive growth in the Prepared Meals market in India. The Prepared Meals market will register high growth during the forecast period. Ready Meals is the largest category by value and volume terms and is forecast to be the largest category during 2014-2019. Hypermarkets and Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel for Prepared Meals in India accounting for 82.2% market share.
- Rise in disposable income and increased urbanization will drive growth in the Prepared Meals market in India which will register high growth during the forecast period
- Ready Meals will remain the largest as well as fastest growth category, registering a CAGR of 15.1% during 2009-2019
- The Indian Prepared Meals market is mainly led by local MTR, ITC LTD., Haldiram's etc.,
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel for Prepared Meals accounting for 82.2% of the market share in 2014.
The report on the prepared meals market in India provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2014-2019
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Fresh Meat (Counter), Chilled Raw Packaged Meat - Whole Cuts, Chilled Raw Packaged Meat - Processed, Frozen Meat, Cooked Meats - Packaged, Cooked Meats - Counter and Ambient Meat, with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2014-2019
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2011-2014
- Distribution data: Value shares within each category through channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food and Drinks Specialists and more
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for flexible packaging, rigid plastics, rigid metal and others; container data for: trays, tubs, foils and others.
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyse key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion