The Malay Meat market is forecast to register growth in value as well as volume terms during 2015-2020. The Fresh Meat (Counter) category had the highest volume share in 2015, whereas Cooked Meats - Counter category is projected to be the fastest growing during 2015-2020. Rising GDP per capita coupled with increasing incomes of consumers, has contributed to the growth in sales of premium Meat products in the country. Further, preference for convenience will drive the online sales of Meat products in Malaysia.
- The Meat market in Malaysia is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 4.1% during 2015-2020 in value terms
- Malaysia consumers are opting for value for money products in the Meat market
- The Chilled Raw Packaged Meat -Processed category is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 4.3% during 2015-2020
- The Frozen Meat category is expected to register gain in market share during 2015-2020
- Private label penetration in Malaysia's Meat market remains low
- The use of Flexible Packaging is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 4.3% during 2015-2020 in the Malaysian Meat market
Canadean's Consumer and Market Insights report on the Meat market in Malaysia provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Ambient Meat, Chilled Raw Packaged Meat - Processed, Chilled Raw Packaged Meat - Whole Cuts, Cooked Meats - Counter, Cooked Meats - Packaged, Fresh Meat (Counter), and Frozen Meat with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2012-2015
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food and Drinks Specialists and others in 2015
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Flexible Packaging, Rigid Metal, Rigid Plastics, and others; container data for: Tray, Can-Food, Bag/Sachet, Film, and others
- Consumer level trends: Top four consumer trends which influence Meat products consumption
- Future outlook: Reviews and recommendations on how the market will shape up from 2015-2020
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Meat products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Access to analysis on products launched in the market
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion