The Japanese Ice Cream market is forecast to grow at a higher rate during 2015-2020, compared to during 2010-2015. The market is led by the 'Impulse Ice Cream - Single Serve' category while Impulse Ice Cream - Single Serve' and 'Take-Home and Bulk Ice Cream' categories are forecast to register fastest growth in value terms during 2015-2020. On-trade sales accounted for the highest distribution share in the Ice Cream market. Lotte Co., Ltd. and Ezaki Glico co., Ltd are the leading players in the Japanese Ice Cream market.
- The Ice Cream market in Japan is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 4.2% in US$ terms during 2015-2020
- Japanese consumers are opting for value for money products in the Ice Cream market
- The Artisanal Ice Cream category accounts for the highest On-trade volume consumption in Japan
- On-trade sales account for the majority share in the Artisanal Ice Cream category
- Glico is the leading brand in both 'Impulse Ice Cream - Single Serve' and 'Take-Home and Bulk Ice Cream' categories in Japan
- The private label penetration in the Japanese Ice Cream market remains low
- Flexible Packaging is the most commonly used packaging material in the Japanese Ice Cream market
Canadean's Consumer and Market Insights report on the Ice Cream market in Japan provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Artisanal Ice Cream, Impulse Ice Cream - Single Serve, and Take-Home and Bulk Ice Cream with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, private label growth analysis during 2012-2015
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food and Drinks Specialists, On-trade and others in 2015
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Flexible Packaging, Paper and Board and Rigid Plastics; container data for: Bag/Sachet,Tub and Box
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning