The Ice Cream market in India is led by the 'Take-Home and Bulk Ice Cream' category in Off-trade volume consumption, while the Artisanal Ice Cream category is forecast to register fastest growth during 2015-2020. Convenience Stores account for the highest distribution share of Ice Cream in the country. Flexible Packaging is the most commonly used packaging material in the Indian Ice Cream market.
- The Ice Cream market in India is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 10.6% in US$ terms during 2015-2020
- The 'Take-Home and Bulk Ice Cream' category has the highest volume share in the overall Ice Cream market
- The 'Take-Home and Bulk Ice Cream' category accounts for the highest Off-trade volume consumption in India
- On-trade sales account for the majority share in the distribution of Artisanal Ice Creams
- Amul is the leading brand in the 'Take-Home and Bulk Ice Cream' category in India
- Flexible Packaging is the most commonly used packaging material in the Indian Ice Cream market
Canadean's Consumer and Market Insights report on the Ice Cream market in India provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Artisanal Ice Cream, Impulse Ice Cream - Single Serve, and Take-Home and Bulk Ice Cream with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
- Leading players: Market share of brands during 2012-2015
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food and Drinks Specialists, On-trade and others in 2015
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Flexible Packaging, Paper and Board and Rigid Plastics; container data for: Bag/Sachet,Tub and Box
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning