The Chinese Ice Cream market is forecast to register high growth during 2015-2020 supported by a large base of young population in the country. The market is being led by the Impulse Ice Cream - Single Serve' category while the Artisanal Ice cream category is forecast to register fastest growth in value terms during 2015-2020. Convenience Stores account for the highest distribution share in the Ice Cream market. Inner Mongolia Yili Industrial Group Co., Ltd. and China Mengniu Dairy Company Limited.are the leading players in the market.
- The Ice Cream market in China is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 10.4% in US$ terms during 2015-2020
- The 'Impulse Ice Cream - Single Serve' category accounts for the highest Off-trade volume consumption in China
- On-trade sales account for the majority of distribution share in the Artisanal Ice Cream category
- Yili and Mengniu are the leading brands in the 'Take-Home and Bulk Ice Cream' category in China
- The penetration of private label products in the Chinese Ice Cream market remains low
- Flexible Packaging is the most commonly used packaging material in the Chinese Ice Cream market
Canadean's Consumer and Market Insights report on the Ice Cream market in China provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Artisanal Ice Cream, Impulse Ice Cream - Single Serve, and Take-Home and Bulk Ice Cream with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, private label growth analysis during 2012-2015
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food and Drinks Specialists, On-trade and others in 2015
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Flexible Packaging, Paper and Board and Rigid Plastics; container data for: Bag/Sachet,Tub and Box
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning