The Indian Haircare market is forecast to register high growth during 2015-2020, supported by the growing disposable income of Indians aided by steady economic growth in the country. The market is led by the Conditioner category, which is also forecast to witness the fastest value growth during 2015-2020. Hypermarkets and Supermarkets accounted for more than half of the distribution share in the Indian Haircare market. Marico Ltd., L'Oreal S.A. and The Procter and Gamble Company are the leading players in the market.
- The Haircare market in India is forecast to witness a CAGR of 16.9% in value terms during 2015-2020.
- Purchasing pattern of consumers remains unchanged in the Indian Haircare market.
- Conditioner is the leading value category in the Indian Haircare market.
- Convenience Stores accounts for more than half of the distribution share in the Indian Haircare market.
- Private labels are gaining market share from brands in the Indian Haircare market.
Consumer and Market Insights report on the Haircare market in India provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Conditioner, Hair Colorants, Hair Loss Treatments, Salon Haircare, Shampoo, and Styling Agents with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2012-2015
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Health and Beauty Stores, Department Stores, Drug Stores and Pharmacies, Variety Stores and General Merchandise Retailers and others in 2014
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Rigid Plastics, Flexible Packaging, Rigid Metal, and others; container data for: Bottle, Bag/Sachet, Tube and others
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning