The Fragrances market in Malaysia is forecast to register moderate growth in value and volume terms during 2014-2019, owing to a large share of urban based young population coupled with rising disposable income. Female Fragrances is the leading category by value, while Unisex Fragrances is forecast to register fastest growth during 2014-2019. Hypermarkets and Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the Fragrances market followed by Health and Beauty Stores.
- The Fragrances market in Malaysia will register higher growth at a CAGR of 4.5% during 2014-2019 compared to CAGR of 4.2% it registered during 2009-2014
- The Female Fragrances category is the largest category while Unisex Fragrances will register the fastest growth at a CAGR of 4.8% during 2014-2019
- The Mass Fragrances segment is more popular in all the three categories of Fragrances
- International brands such as Avon, Enchanter, Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger, Ck One have a major presence in the Malaysian Fragrances market
- Glass is the most predominantly used packaging material and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.1% during 2014-2019
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets distribution channel for Fragrance products accounting for 35.7% market share in 2014 followed by Health and Beauty Stores
Canadean's Consumer and Market Insights report on the Fragrance sector in Malaysia provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types, closures, and information on category level distribution and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2014-2019
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Female Fragrances, Male Fragrances and Unisex Fragrances with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2014-2019
- Leading players: Market share of brands and growth analysis during 2011-2014
- Distribution data: Value shares within each category through channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Health and Beauty Stores, Convenience Stores and more
- Packaging data: usage of different packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging materials: Glass, rigid plastics, others; containers: Bottle and others
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyse key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion