Increasing household disposable income will support the growth of consumer packaged goods market in Australia. The Fragrances market in Australia was led by the Female Fragrances category in both value and volume terms in 2014. The Australia Fragrances market in accounts for nearly one-tenth of the overall Cosmetics and Toiletries retail sales by value in the country
- Out of the three analysed categories, the Female Fragrances is the leading category in terms of market size in the Australian Fragrances market. The Unisex Fragrances category is forecast to register the fastest value growth at a CAGR of 2.9% during 2014-2019
- The Premium Fragrances segment holds the major market share within all the Fragrances categories in Australia, while the Mass Fragrances segment is forecast to gain market share during 2014-2019 within both the Female and the Unisex Fragrances categories.
- The Australian Fragrance market is highly fragmented with a multiple brands competing for market share. Few leading brands are Calvin Klein, Giorgio and Dolce and Gabbana etc.
- Department Stores led the distribution of Fragrance products in Australia and accounted for 38.2% distribution share in 2014, closely followed by Health and Beauty Stores with a 38.0% share.
The Canadean's Consumer and Market Insights report on the Fragrance sector in Australia provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types, closures, and information on category level distribution and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2014-2019
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Female Fragrances, Male Fragrances and Unisex Fragrances with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2014-2019
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, private label growth analysis during 2011-2014
- Distribution data: Value shares within each category through channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Health and Beauty Stores, Convenience Stores and more
- Packaging data: usage of different packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging materials: Glass, rigid plastics, others; containers: Bottle and others
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion