The Bakery and Cereals market in South Africa is analyzed to be one of the fastest growing markets across the globe. The Breads and Rolls category dominates in South Africa, while Morning Goods and Energy Bars is expected to register the fastest growth during 2015 - 2020. Considering the economical scenario, consumer's inclination for private label and On-The-Go product are considered to be the major consumer trends driving the current market dynamics. Going ahead, government's proposed legislative reforms on salt content on food product will force manufacturer's to rethink about their food compositions which will benefit Bakery and Cereals consumers in the market as well.
- The Bakery and Cereals market in South Africa is expected to register similar growth in value terms during 2015-2020 as compared to 2010-2015.
- South African consumers are opting for value for money products in the Bakery and Cereals market.
- The Cookies (Sweet Biscuits), Morning Goods and Energy Bars categories are forecast to register fastest value growth among all categories during 2015-2020.
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the South African Bakery and Cereals market.
- Snow Flake is the leading brand in the Baking Mixes category in both value and volume terms.
- Flexible Packaging is the most commonly used packaging material in the Bakery and Cereals market in South Africa.
Canadean's Consumer and Market Insights report on the Bakery and Cereals market in South Africa provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Baking Mixes, Baking Ingredients, Bread and Rolls, Breakfast Cereals, Cakes, Pastries and Sweet Pies, Dough Products, Cereal Bars, Energy Bars, Cookies (Sweet Biscuits), Savory Biscuits, Morning Goods with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2012-2015
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food and Drinks Specialists and others in 2015
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Flexible Packaging, Paper and Board, Rigid Plastics, and others; container data for: Bag/Sachet, Film, Tray and others
- Consumer level trends: Top four consumer trends which influence Bakery and Cereals products consumption
- Future outlook: Reviews and recommendations on how the market will shape up from 2015-2020
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Bakery and Cereals products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Access to analysis on products launched in the market
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion