As consumer trends drive innovation and purchase behavior it is vital to understand how to shape products to best meet their needs. This brief outlines the most important consumer and product trends impacting sauces, dressings, condiments, and spreads globally, relating these trends to Canadean's TrendSights mega-trend framework and providing constructive insight for each theme covered.
- Consumer insight analysis covering 25 countries globally highlights the key attitudes and behaviors driving consumers' purchases of these products.
- Case studies and numerous product examples throughout the brief showcase best-in-class innovations in these categories from across the globe.
- Key considerations and potential opportunities have been identified based on consumer preferences and recent product innovations in these categories.
- A dedicated "What Next?" section explores where these products will be heading next and what this means for brands, manufacturers, and retailers.
- What are the top trends impacting consumer behavior and innovation in these categories? How is this likely to evolve over the next few years?
- Where is innovation occurring in sauces, dressings, condiments, and spreads and what does it look like?
- Going forward, what are some of the potential opportunities and key considerations for manufacturers and marketers of these products?
Sauces, dressings, and condiments represented $104bn in global spending in 2013, with spreads bringing in a further $22.6bn. Although frequent sauces, dressings, and condiments consumption is seen among different age groups, spreads consumption falls with age, indicating a large market gap for relevant products.
Among the trends impacting the sauces, dressings, condiments, and spreads categories are a host of flavor sub-trends; the rise of alternative nut-spreads; growing consumer demand for spice, and the threat of scratch cooking, which can be overcome with the correct innovation.