Innovation in air freshener products is driven by consumer interest in novel and more indulgent sensory experiences. This report covers a wide variety of air freshener products and uses Canadean's TrendSights mega-trend framework to classify key consumers and product trends impacting the category globally.
- Each section contains a concise SWOT analysis that outlines how each TrendSights mega-trend can be applied to the air fresheners category.
- Consumer insight analysis covering 23 countries globally highlights the key attitudes and behaviors driving consumers' choice of air fresheners.
- Case studies and product examples throughout the brief showcase interesting and innovative air freshener products from across the globe.
- Key considerations and potential opportunities have been identified based on consumer preferences and recent product innovations in this category.
- How do Canadean's mega-trends apply specifically to air freshener products? How is this likely to evolve over the next few years?
- What are some of the key product characteristics influencing consumer purchasing behavior in air care?
- Where is innovation occurring in air freshener products and what does it look like?
- Going forward, what are some of the potential opportunities and key considerations for air freshener brands?
- How are industry players using the online space to more effectively engage with consumers?
The economic downturn has exacerbated consumers' tendency to stay at home. This has prompted an innovation shift from functional benefits to both functional and emotional benefits; that is, air freshener products that not only remove or mask nasty odors but that also enhance consumers' home environment.
Society is becoming more sterilized and health-oriented: 62% of consumers worldwide are concerned about the air quality of their homes. Much of this can be explained by consumers spending around 90% of their times indoors, being therefore repeatedly exposed to indoor air pollutants.
Data provided in easy-to-use tables in Excel