Chile: FTTx and 4G/LTE Network Investments Will Drive Revenue Growth Over the 2019-2021 Period,' a new Country Intelligence Report by Pyramid Research, offers a precise, incisive profile of Chile's mobile and fixed telecommunications and pay-TV markets based on comprehensive proprietary data and insights from our research in the Chilean market. Published annually, this presentation-quality, executive-level report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony and broadband, mobile and pay-TV sectors, in addition to a review of key regulatory trends
- With an estimated revenue of $6.4bn, or 2.6% of GDP, the telecom and pay-TV services market in Chile was the sixth largest in the region, below Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Venezuela and Colombia. We project that between 2016 and 2021, telecom service revenue will expand at a 1.8% CAGR.
- The contribution of data services (fixed and mobile) to total telecom revenue will expand at a 8.0% CAGR between 2016 and 2021. This increase will be driven by a growing demand for data services both through mobile and fixed technologies boosted, to a great extent, by increasing usage of OTT video platforms. Voice services revenue will continue falling over the 2016-2021 period as a result of the implementation of cuts in mobile termination rates and fixed telephony tariffs, as well as the ongoing decline in fixed (circuit-switched) and mobile voice traffic due to the popularization of OTT communication apps as alternative means of communication.
- Movistar is the largest revenue generator in the Chilean telecom market, a position that it will maintain through 2021 with a slight reduction in its share due to increasing competition from Entel and medium-sized players such as Claro and cable operator VTR. Entel will remain second in revenue terms, thanks to its strong position in the mobile communications market, where it is the largest revenue generator.
- Chile is expected to close 2016 with 27.5m mobile active subscriptions, a very modest increase from 2015 as a result the low net additions registered during the year. Entel became the market leader with 9.8m subscriptions and a 35.7% share estimated for year-end 2016. Movistar follows closely with 9.6m active subscriptions and a share of 34.9% for the same year.
- Chile closed 2015 with a household penetration rate of 62.2% and nearly 3m pay-TV accounts. We project a 2.1% CAGR in subscriptions from 2016 to 2021, which will push pay-TV penetration to 67.9% by year-end 2021. Growth will be mainly supported by an increase in IPTV and cable subscriptions, mostly sold as part of double- and triple-play packages, offered by operators such as Movistar and VTR.
Chile: FTTx and 4G/LTE Network Investments Will Drive Revenue Growth Over the 2019-2021 Period provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Chile today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2021. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Chile's telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Chile in a regional context; a comparative review of market size and trends with that of other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Chile.
- The regulatory environment and trends; a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile; analysis as well as forecasts and historical figures of service revenue from fixed telephony (including VoIP), broadband, mobile voice and data, and pay-TV markets.
- The service evolution; a look at the change in the breakdown of overall revenue by fixed/pay-TV and mobile sectors and by voice, data and video in the current year as well as the end of the forecast period.
- The competitive landscape; an examination of key trends in competition and service providers' performance, revenue market shares and expected moves over the next 18-24 months.
- An in-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony and broadband services, mobile voice and data services, and pay-TV services; a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by technology/platform as well as operator, average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities; this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Chile's telecommunications and pay-TV markets
Reasons To Buy
This Country Intelligence Report helps executives build proactive, profitable growth strategies by offering comprehensive, relevant analysis of Chile's telecommunications and pay-TV markets based on insights directly from the local market players.
- The report offers a wealth of data on the telecom and pay-TV markets, with the mobile and fixed segments examined in detail.
- The competitive landscape and the major players are given extra attention, enabling local players or prospective market entrants to gain the insight they need.
- The broad but detailed perspective will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players to succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Chile.
- The report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality that allows it to be turned into presentable material immediately.
- The report concludes with an exploration of the opportunities available in the Chilean market to operators, vendors and investors.