The telecommunications market in Botswana will generate service revenue of $326m in 2016. Pyramid Research expects to see overall service revenue grow at a CAGR of 2.4 % over 2015-2020. Growth will be driven by the increasing consumption of mobile voice and mobile data services. Over the next five years, operators should seize opportunities to improve and upgrade their existing networks in order to leverage the growing demand for mobile data. Network and handset vendors can partner with operators to capitalize on the network expansion and data opportunities available in the market.
- The overall telecom service revenue in Botswana is expected to generate $326m in 2016 and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 2.4% during 2015-2020, mainly driven by growth in mobile revenue.
- We expect that by 2020, 82.8% of total service revenue will come from mobile voice and data services.
- The top two operators, Mascom and Orange, which both provide mobile services, will account for the majority of overall service revenue in 2016.
Botswana: Network Expansion Will Lead to Enhanced Revenue Opportunities for Operators and Vendors provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Botswana today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2020. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Botswana's telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Regional context: Telecom market size and trends in Botswana compared with other countries in Africa and Middle East region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Botswana.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, fixed Internet, mobile voice and mobile data.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2013 to 2020.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Botswana's telecommunications market.
- Gain in-depth analysis of current strategies and future trends of the telecommunications market in Botswana, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format, to build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Understand the factors behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Botswana's mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares, to align product offerings and strategies to meet customer's demand.
- Leverage the graphical information (more than 20 charts and tables in the report based on the Pyramid Research forecast products), to gain an overview of the telecom market in Botswana.
- Analysis of key telecom players in the markets and major business strategies being adopted by them, to identify the opportunities to improve the market share.
-Explore novel opportunities to align your product strategies and offerings to meet the requirements and succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Botswana.