Bolivia: DTH Launches and Fiber-Optic Backbone Rollout to Drive Video and Data Services, a new Country Intelligence Report by Pyramid Research, offers a precise, incisive profile of Bolivias mobile and fixed telecommunications and pay-TV markets based on comprehensive proprietary data and insights from our research in the Bolivia market. Published annually, this presentation-quality, executive-level report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV sectors, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
- In 2014, Bolivia was the 15th largest telecom services market in Latin America, with estimated revenue of US$1.0bn or 2.0% of GDP, a 7.5% increase on the previous year.
- We expect to see overall service revenue grow at a 7.8% CAGR from 2014 to 2019. The fixed/mobile revenue split will remain inclined toward the mobile segment. With Bolivias expensive and slow fixed broadband services, 3G has become an attractive alternative, and users have turned to mobile data services for Internet access.
- The top three operators - Entel Bolivia, Tigo Bolivia, and Viva Bolivia, which provide mobile services - accounted for 73.8% of overall service revenue in 2014. As mobile users significantly outnumbered fixed access lines, MNOs have the largest share within the Bolivian telecom services markets.
- The pay-TV market in Bolivia had a household penetration rate of 10.9% in 2014. Although cable will remain the dominant technology throughout the forecast period, DTH/satellite will gain space, mainly driven by the recent launch of Bolivias first satellite, Tupac Katari.
This report provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Bolivia today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2019. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Bolivias telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Researchs databases.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Regional context: telecom market size and trends in Bolivia compared with other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Bolivia.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue on the fixed telephony (including VoIP), broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV markets.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed/pay-TV and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2014 to 2019.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Bolivias telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Bolivias telecommunications and pay-TV markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying Pyramid Researchs Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Bolivias mobile communications, fixed telephony/VoIP, broadband and pay-TV markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Bolivias telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Bolivia.