In 2016, Belgium will record an estimated telecom service revenue of $6.8bn (6.3bn) in 2016. The telecom services revenue will grow at a CAGR of 1.7% in in 2016-2021, driven by the strong performance of the broadband Internet access and mobile data segments. Fixed broadband will be the largest contributor to overall service revenue in 2016, accounting for 28.9% of the total revenue, followed by mobile data (26.8%). Mobile data will record a CAGR of 7.3% in over 2016-2021, driven by rising LTE adoption and M2M revenue, while fixed broadband will record a CAGR of 2.6% in during the same period. LTE/LTE-A expansion, vectoring, DOCSIS3.1, fiber, FMC and M2M/IoT will present opportunities for vendors and investors.
- The overall telecom services revenue in Belgium is estimated to generate $6.8bn (6.3bn) in 2016 (an increase of 1.0% in over 2015) and is estimated to reach $7.9bn (6.9bn) in 2021.
- The telecommunications market in Belgium will see service revenue growth boosted by mobile data and fixed broadband segments.
- Mobile revenue will account for 51.7% of the total telecom market in 2016. Mobile data will be an important driver of this trend, as it will expand at 8.4% CAGR from 2016 to 2021, driven by growth in the adoption of LTE and M2M revenue.
- We expect the contribution of Internet access to fixed services revenue will increase from 63.4% in 2016 to 68.2% in 2021.
- The telecom market in Belgium will be controlled by two operators - Proximus and Telenet. Operators are focusing on quad-play bundled packages, data-intensive bundles and FMC offerings to strengthen their position in the telecom market.
Belgium: Focus on Improving Internet Connectivity Through Fixed and Mobile Broadband to Drive Revenue Growth provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Belgium today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2021. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Belgium's telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Regional context: Telecom market size and trends in Belgium compared with other countries in the Western European region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Belgium.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, fixed Internet, mobile voice and mobile data.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2014 to 2021.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Belgium's telecommunications market.
- Gain in-depth analysis of current strategies and future trends of the telecommunications market in Belgium, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format, to build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Understand the factors behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Belgium's mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares, to align product offerings and strategies to meet customer demand.
- Leverage the graphical information (more than 20 charts and tables in the report based on the Pyramid Research forecast products), to gain an overview of the telecom market in Belgium.
- Analysis of key telecom players in the markets and major business strategies being adopted by them, to identify the opportunities to improve the market share.
- Explore novel opportunities to align your product strategies and offerings to meet the requirements and succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Belgium.