'Belgium: Despite Slow Regulatory Changes Mobile Data Expected to Boom' a new Country Intelligence Report by Pyramid Research, offers a precise, incisive profile of Belgium's mobile and fixed telecommunications and pay-TV markets based on comprehensive proprietary data and insights from our research in the Belgian market. Published annually, this presentation-quality, executive-level report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony and broadband, mobile and pay-TV sectors, in addition to a review of key regulatory trends.
- Pyramid Research projects that the Belgian telecom industry will generate revenue of US$8.8bn in 2014. The largest contribution will come from the mobile data segment. The top two operators, Belgacom and Mobistar, which provide fixed, mobile, Internet and pay-TV services, will account for 64.7% of overall service revenue in 2014. Pyramid Research expects to see overall service revenue grow at a 0.4% CAGR from 2014 to 2019.
- The 2014 fixed/mobile revenue split is inclined toward mobile and will shift further by 2019. Mobile revenue will increase as users substitute mobile voice services for traditional fixed voice. Additionally, increasing demand for mobile data services will drive mobile market revenue even further past fixed market revenue. LTE will be by far the dominant technology, accounting for 78.9% of mobile subscriptions by 2019.
- Over the next five years, operators should seize opportunities in the LTE marketplace, as mobile data is the largest revenue segment and will continue to grow over the forecast period. The Belgian government auctioned off LTE spectrum in the 800MHz band in late 2013. Opportunities also exist in the IPTV segment, which we predict will have an 8.7% revenue CAGR over the forecast period.
'Belgium: Despite Slow Regulatory Changes, Mobile Data Expected to Boom,' a new Country Intelligence Report by Pyramid Research, offers an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Belgium today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2019. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into the country's telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Belgium in a regional context: a comparative review of market size and trends with that of other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Belgium.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as forecasts and historical figures of service revenue from fixed telephony (including VoIP), broadband, mobile voice and data markets.
- The service evolution: a look at the change in the breakdown of overall revenue by fixed and mobile sectors and by voice and data in the current year as well as the end of the forecast period.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and service providers' performance, revenue market shares and expected moves over the next 18-24 months.
- An in-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony and broadband services, mobile voice and data services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by technology/platform as well as operator, average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Belgium's telecommunications markets.
- This Country Intelligence Report helps executives build proactive, profitable growth strategies by offering comprehensive, relevant analysis of Belgium's telecommunications and pay-TV markets based on insights directly from the local market players.
- The report offers a wealth of data on the telecom and pay-TV markets, with the mobile and fixed segments examined in detail.
- The competitive landscape and the major players are given extra attention, enabling local players or prospective market entrants to gain the insight they need.
- The broad but detailed perspective will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players to succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Belgium.
- The report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality that allows it to be turned into presentable material immediately.
- The report concludes with an exploration of the opportunities available in the Belgian market to operators, vendors and investors.