In Saudi Arabia, the overall growth of baby food market was strong between 2009-2015. A healthy economy, rise in number of live births, encouragement of government to use supplementary foods like cereals, increase in working women fuelled up the growth by making an attractive market for manufacturers. In 2015, milk accounted for the majority of sales: 77.4% of value and 71.1% of volume; cereals have lost some ground, and by 2015 accounted for 23.2% of volume sales; wet meals and other baby food account for less than 5% of market value. The strong economy, exposure to western lifestyles, retail developments and positive consumer attitudes towards baby food will encourage the baby food market to grow in the future.
- Consumption of baby food in Saudi Arabia has increased by 53.5% since 2009. Market value reached 92.2% more than in 2009, and equivalent to growth of 57.2% at constant prices.
- Local production of baby food is very limited.
- Wheat-based varieties are much more popular in Saudi Arabia than rice-based cereals.
- Nestl's acquisition of the ex-Pfizer baby milk brands propelled it into a dominant lead from 2012.
- The market is forecast to grow by a further 33.3% in terms of volume and 64.1% in terms of value at current prices over the next six year.
Baby Food in Saudi Arabia is an analytical report by Canadean which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Saudi Arabia market.
What else does this report offer?
- Consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the industry.
- Detailed profile of the companies operating and new companies considering entry in the industry along with their key focus product sectors.
- Market profile of the various product sectors with the key features and developments, segmentation, per capita trends and the various manufacturers and brands.
- Overview of baby food retailing with a mention of the major retailers in the country along with the distribution channel.
- Future projections considering various trends which are likely to affect the industry.
Reasons To Buy
- Evaluate important changes in consumer behavior and identify profitable markets and areas for product innovation.
- Analyse current and forecast behavior trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit.
- Detailed understanding of consumption by individual product categories in order to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Investigates which categories are performing the best and how this is changing market dynamics.