The market for baby food in Morocco has been boosted by a relatively stable and growing economy, although a large proportion of the population continues to live on low incomes and is unable to afford commercial baby food. Sales therefore occur principally in the large cities. Since 2009, the market has expanded by 39.4% in volume terms, boosted by demand from Morocco's growing middle class who have the disposable income to buy baby food and have more opportunities to buy it as the supermarket sector and the economy in general have expanded. Stronger growth has been prevented by a gradual decline in the number of live births. The market is forecast to grow by a further 24.3% over the next six years.
- Since 2009, the baby food market in volume terms has expanded by 39%, with value sales rising by 49% in nominal growth terms, but by 39% in real terms.
- The vast majority of the market continues to consist of baby milks, which accounted for 80% of value sales in 2015. Cereals account for 14% while small meals and others sector claims only 6%.
- Two multinationals dominate the market, with a combined 83% of volume and 82% of value in 2015. Danone leads in terms of value, although Nestl is in first place in terms of volume.
- Most baby food is distributed via pharmacies, which accounted for 54% of volume sales in 2015. Sales made through supermarket and hypermarket outlets accounted for 41% of volumes by 2015 .
Baby Food in Morocco is an analytical report by Canadean which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Morocco market.
What else does this report offer?
- Consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the industry.
- Detailed profile of the companies operating and new companies considering entry in the industry along with their key focus product sectors.
- Market profile of the various product sectors with the key features and developments, segmentation, per capita trends and the various manufacturers and brands.
- Overview of baby food retailing with a mention of the major retailers in the country along with the distribution channel.
- Future projections considering various trends which are likely to affect the industry.
Reasons To Buy
- Evaluate important changes in consumer behavior and identify profitable markets and areas for product innovation.
- Analyse current and forecast behavior trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit.
- Detailed understanding of consumption by individual product categories in order to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Investigates which categories are performing the best and how this is changing market dynamics.