WaaS (also known as Workspace-as-a-Service) is a type of desktop virtualization that enterprises use to provide their employees access to data from any location and any time. Employees can access business applications through mobile devices of their choice. Furthermore, emergence of workspace-as-a-service has enabled companies to help their employees log in to services and enjoy access to virtual desktop environment increasing their productivity and efficiency.
There are many drivers, restraints and opportunities that are influencing the growth of Workspace-as-a-Service market. Mobility trends including BYOD have added to the development of the WaaS market. Furthermore, use of personal gadgets including laptops, and smartphones provide a secure working environment, thus accelerating the growth of the market. However, lack of awareness about the advantages of WaaS has hindered its growth. Besides this, need for high bandwidth paired with information technology infrastructure requirements are further obstructing market growth. Nonetheless, business verticals such as BFSI and retail would create greater opportunities for WaaS market.
The Workspace-as-a-Service market is segmented by type, industry and geography. Based on types, the market segments discussed in the market research report are divided into solutions and services. The solutions include desktop as a service, virtual desktop infrastructure, security solutions, and others. The services include managed services, integration services, consulting services, and others. Industries served by Workspace-as-a-Service market are BFSI, retail, manufacturing, information technology and telecom, hospitality, manufacturing, and others. Regions explored in the report include North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and LAMEA.
The key players in the Workspace-as-a-Service market are adopting effective business strategies to stay competitive. Major brands are seen investing generously in research and development. Key market players are also acquiring local brands for geographic expansion. Other business strategies such as joint ventures and collaborations are helping prominent vendors to strengthen their presence in emerging markets and expand their product portfolio. A few companies discussed in the report include Dell, Tech Mahindra, Unisys, Colt Technology Services Group Limited, Amazon Web Services Inc.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- The study includes an extensive evaluation of the different market entry strategies and brand positioning tactics adopted by prominent vendors to remain competitive
- Research methodologies have been used intelligently to outline the key market drivers, restraints and opportunities influencing the global market
- The market research report further explores the policy amendments that are anticipated to determine the growth rate and market share
- Comprehensive study of recent launches, collaborations, and acquisitions and mergers highlights the competitive nature of the market
- SWOT analysis of the market analyzes the weaknesses, strengths, opportunities and threats and also pin points how brands manage of stay competitive
- Detailed insight on business imperative such as import and export status, production capability, product value, industry chain structure is also discussed in the report
WORKSPACE AS A SERVICE MARKET KEY SEGMENTS
Workspace as a Service Market By Type
- Managed services
- Integration services
- Consulting services
- Desktop as a service
- Virtual desktop infrastructure
- Security solutions
Workspace as a Service Market By Industry
- IT and Telecom
Workspace as a Service Market By Geography
- North America
- Asia -Pacific
- Dell Inc.
- Tech Mahindra
- Colt Technology Services
- Amazon Web Services, Inc.
- Microsoft Corporation
- Citrix Systems, Inc.
- Vmware, Inc.
- Independence IT Corporation