Wireless power transmission is a process that occurs in a system, where power source transmits electromagnetic energy to electric load with no wires. This wireless transmission transmits power to remote locations. Wireless power transmission has great demand in the consumer electronics, for example laptop, tablets, smartphones and other devices. Furthermore, the technology is rapidly being implemented in sectors such as defence and healthcare.
Application of wireless power transmission in the consumer electronics has contributed to the growth of this market. Tremendous growth in consumer electronics market in countries such as South Korea and Japan is driving the wireless power transmission industry. Rising need for battery powered equipment has resulted in the growth of the market. Furthermore, user awareness and limitations posed by battery technology are also driving the market. However, rising cost of wireless power technology is hampering the growth of the market. Issues associated with wireless power devices have triggered slow growth. Moreover, growing efficiency of power transmission is likely to create greater opportunities worldwide. Furthermore, automobile manufacturers including Honda, Nissan and Toyota Motors focusing more on electric charged automobiles, are likely to create greater opportunities.
World wireless power transmission market is segmented based on type, range, application and geography. The types covered during the study consists of devices with battery and devices without battery. In addition, the range assessed during the study includes short range and medium range. The applications assessed during the research includes consumer electronics, industrial, automotive, defense and others. Regions such as North America, Europe, Asia -Pacific and LAMEA are expected to witness tremendous growth.
The key market players active in the world wireless power transmission market are Energous, WiTricity, Fulton Innovations, Humavox, Murata Manufacturing, Wi-Charge, Ossia, Inc., UBeam, PowerbyProxi and Philips.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- The market research report provides an integrated information on the major drivers, restraints and opportunities influencing the industry growth during the forecast period.
- The study further drills down to produce data volume by components, end customers and demography.
- SWOT analysis of major brands, highlights weaknesses, strengths, opportunities and threats. The data proves effective for business owners planning on designing their marketing and branding strategies.
- Region wise business performance discussed in the market research report would be valuable for enterprises planning to explore new areas.
- The report not only examines the market dynamics but also takes a closer look at the growth rate and industrial chain structure.
- Study further weigh up on the prominent market players and what they are doing different to position their product in the already crowded marketplace.
- Assessment of upstream and downstream market also forms an important part of the report.
WIRELESS POWER TRANSMISSION MARKET KEY SEGMENTS
Wireless Power Transmission Market- By Type
- Devices with Battery
- Devices without Battery
Wireless Power Transmission Market- By Range
Wireless Power Transmission Market By Application
- Consumer Electronics
Wireless Power Transmission Market By Geography
- North America
- Asia -Pacific
- Fulton Innovations
- Murata Manufacturing
- Ossia, Inc.