Virtual reality headsets are HMD (head mounted display) electronic devices, similar in appearance to ski goggles. These devices can be used for watching movies, playing computer games, etc. The virtual reality headset enables a user to vividly experience events such as dancing with friends, going for a movie or even the thrill of riding on a roller coaster, all from the comfort of home. Virtual reality headsets consist of lightweight display panels and motion tracking sensors. These headsets have application in gaming, entertainment, chatting, architecture industry and others. In the construction industry, virtual reality headsets can be used to visualize the architecture of the house and decide on its exterior as well as interior aspects. This technology creates the illusion of actually being inside the structure, making the user feel like they can adjust things according to their will. The aim of this report is to provide an insight into the global virtual reality headset market, with current and projected trends, and to carry out an in-depth analysis of the market’s potential. This report analyzes the opportunities present in developed and emerging economies so that companies can make strategic decisions and gain competitive edge. Application of virtual reality headsets in gaming is one of the major factors driving this market. The FOV (field of view) for virtual reality headsets is double as compared to rival devices; this could drive adoption and boost market growth. Some of the major players operating in the virtual reality headset market are Oculus, Samsung, Sony and Facebook.
The report provides market analysis by components, applications and geography. The components segment is divided into display panels, motion tracking sensors, control box, joystick and headphones. The applications segment comprises of gaming, entertainment, social applications, manufacturing & construction industry, virtual training modules and arts, therapeutics and others. Based on geography the global virtual reality headset market is segmented into North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe and LAMEA (Latin America, Middle East and Africa).
- This report provides an in-depth analysis of the global virtual reality headset market, with current and future trends to elucidate the imminent investment pockets in the market.
- Detailed analysis of drivers and restraints of the virtual reality headset market has been conducted
- Porter’s Five Force model and SWOT analysis would facilitate stakeholders in making strategic decisions by providing them with insights about current market conditions and important factors which affect market growth
- Key market players and their strategies have been discussed in the report in order to help understand the competitive landscape of the market
- Market segmentation has been conducted based on applications and regions, which would assist companies in deciding on the segments of importance
- Analysis of the current market scenario as well as future estimations through 2013-2020 would assist stakeholders in understanding the future prospects of the market
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
MARKET BY COMPONENTS
- Display Panels
- Motion Tracking Sensors
- Control Box
MARKET BY APPLICATION
- Social Applications
- Manufacturing & Construction Industry
- Virtual Training Programs
- Therapeutic Uses
MARKET BY GEOGRAPHY
- North America