Vaccine is a preparation of weak or killed pathogen to stimulate the immunity process of the body. The vaccine market is a segment under the pediatric drugs market, which accounts to 80% of the pharmaceutical drugs market. The demand for pediatric vaccines is the major driving force of the market. This is due to high birth rates in the developing countries that accounted to 97% in 2012. The major restraint is the side effects produced by the vaccines.
The opportunities of this market are the growing DNA vaccine market, which is easy to develop, low cost and few side effects. The challenges faced by this market are the development of vaccines. The vaccines are based on live organisms that have inherent variability. A small variation in the production process will significantly alter the biological property of the product.
The key players profiled in this report are: Abbott laboratories, Baxter International INC. GlaxoSmithKline PLC, Merck & CO. INC., Novartis AG, PFIZER, LG Life Sciences, Nippon Biologicals INC., Advaxis, Panacea biotec ltd.
- The report analyzes the vaccines market which is a combination of pediatric and adult vaccine market.
- The report provides in-depth analysis about types, applications and geography of the vaccine market
- The report evaluates the key factors that prove to be drivers and restraints for the market
- The report analyzes the vaccine market based on the various segments to forecast growth till 2020.
- The report analyzes the market factors in various geographic regions to understand business opportunities
Key Market segment:
Global vaccines market by, Types
- Attenuated vaccines
- Inactivated vaccines
- Conjugated vaccines
- Recombinant vaccines
- Subunit vaccine
- Combination vaccines
- Toxoid vaccines
Global vaccines market by, Applications
- Therapeutic vaccines
- Prophylactic vaccines
- Based on diseases
- Pneumococcal diseases
- Influenza diseases
- Pediatric polio
- Adult booster vaccines
- Travel related and other endemic diseases
- HPV (human papillomavirus) disease
- Rotavirus disease
- Other diseases
Global vaccines market by, Geography
- North America
- Asia pacific
- Government health organization
- Manufacturers of vaccines
- Research institutes