We are moving into an era of mass customization. Individualistic and empowered consumers want products that are custom-made to their needs and preferences. More than that, they want to blend their creativity with purchases and define products as uniquely made for them. Engaging such consumers will largely depend on continually adjusting to the paradigm shift from "company push" to "customer pull."
- Pinpoint over 20 marketing and product innovation "platforms" that can be employed to entice new product trial.
- Access a unique blend of consumer and innovation insight to understand consumers' desire for customizable offerings.
- Explore a trend overview and analysis of five key themes that are relevant to the sub-trend.
Reasons To Buy
- What are the economic, social and cultural, and technical factors driving customization across the major FMCG sectors?
- What is the Made-For-Me sub-trend? How does it impact consumers? What will it mean for core product and marketing innovation in my sector?
- How are brands capitalizing on the Made-For-Me sub-trend to entice consumers into paying a premium for customizable and tailored offerings?
The "self" is in ascendant. More consumers seek out, take pride in, and celebrate unique ways of defining oneself. Shoppers are increasingly drawn to brands offering platforms for expressing individuality, be it through tailored propositions or through being allowed to actively participate in the innovation process.
Consumers are becoming increasingly "experience-driven" and willing to pay more for an enhanced brand experience: 73% globally find it important to try new experiences. They are shifting away from demanding material goods and toward more memorable and emotionally satisfying consumption experiences, of which customizable offerings are key drivers.
Data provided in easy-to-use tables in Excel
Table Of ContentsN/AList Of TablesN/AList Of FiguresN/A