Consumers' desire to succeed in society and impress their peers, paired with strong associations of appearance with success in both personal and professional lives, fuels Image Consciousness. This trend has traditionally been linked with the personal care category, as products are often bought out of the desire to impress others; recently, however, it has started manifesting itself in other categories, such as baby care and food.
- Consumers' desire to enhance their image is responsible for a quarter of skincare consumption.
- Six in 10 men agree that better-looking people have the better opportunities in life, both personally and professionally.
- Regionally, consumers in North America are the most likely to be dissatisfied with their appearance.
- Personal hygiene is important for eight out of 10 global consumers.
TrendSights Analysis: Image Consciousness explores the aspirational behavior that drives consumers to opt for products in order to enhance their appearance.
Your key questions answered:
- How relevant is Image Consciousness to my market?
- What does Image Consciousness mean to my category?
- Which consumers are most concerned about Image Consciousness?
- How can I capture the interest of image-conscious consumers on the overcrowded shelves?
Reasons To Buy
- Understand which audiences are most affected by the Image Consciousness trend.
- Compare the presence of this trend in each industry across the FMCG space, and learn what the key opportunities are.
- See the actions that major brands are taking to get ahead of the greater interest in Image Consciousness.
Table Of Contents1. Trend snapshot
6. What next?
7. AppendixList Of TablesN/AList Of FiguresN/A