This report identifies the five key trends occurring in the over-the-counter (OTC) cough, cold, and flu space from around the world, alongside market data and insight into which consumers are seeking cough, cold, and flu products, and their purchasing habits within the OTC category.
- Identify five emerging trends influencing innovation in the OTC cough, cold, and flu space, including the latest on-trend innovation examples.
- Understand how consumer trends such as Fresh andamp; Natural are impacting demand in the sector using insight from Canadean Consumer's global surveys.
Reasons To Buy
- Which consumer groups are most concerned about cough, cold, and flu?
- Where is innovation occurring in the cough, cold, and flu space and what does it look like?
- What are consumers' purchasing priorities when buying OTC products, including those for cough, cold, and flu?
- Where is innovation heading next within the cough, cold, and flu space?
Young adults are most likely to be concerned about cold/flu. This is likely to be for two main reasons: cold and flu are likely to affect those of school or working age more, since it affects their ability to work or study; and older consumers likely have more pressing long-term health concerns to worry about, that surpass cold or flu worries.
Just over a quarter (26%) of consumers globally claim that "natural" or organic ingredients have a high amount of influence over their choice of non-prescription medication. "Natural" ingredients are highly influential for more shoppers in other personal care categories such as skincare (36%).
Table Of ContentsN/AList Of TablesN/AList Of FiguresN/A