Flavored alcoholic beverages have traditionally been saddled with perceptions of being frivolous, youth-oriented, and artificial. The category is, however, highly adaptable, and brands have seized opportunities to reposition and reformulate products to shake off category stereotypes. This report identifies the five trends that have the potential to galvanize flavored alcoholic beverages and allow them to compete with a range of categories and across more occasions.
- Given consumers health-driven efforts to avoid or cut back on sugar consumption, it is significant that over one third (37%) of global drinkers consider alcohol to be high in sugar. As the health industry and media put alcohol brands under more scrutiny with regards to sugar content, producers will have to undertake more concerted efforts to address concerns and reformulate products accordingly.
- The inclination to drink at home rises steadily with age, making it all the more important for FAB producers to formulate and position authentically-made offerings in a way that is accessible to age groups outside of the traditionally favored legal drinking age (LDA)-24 year-old target.
- Top Five Trends in Flavored Alcoholic Beverages outlines the key innovation trends and consumer behaviors shaping the flavored alcoholic beverage (FAB) space. FABs compete across a range of alcoholic beverage categories, simultaneously creating innovation opportunities and positioning challenges.
- CONSUMER INSIGHT: Access information from our consumer surveys to evidence the key trends in FABs.
- DRIVERS: Understand the key insights and trends that are growing the market.
- INNOVATION: See the best examples of innovation, linked to clearly-identified trends.
Reasons To Buy
- Identify the most important trends driving flavored alcoholic beverage innovation, evidenced by consumer survey findings.
- Draw inspiration from on-trend examples around the world that effectively leverage each trend.
- Include proprietary data from Canadeans 2015 Q2 global consumer survey
Table Of Contents1.Introduction
2.Top Five Trends in Flavored Alcoholic Beverages
4. AppendixList Of TablesN/AList Of FiguresN/A