- Sales of tax stamps for cigars and cigarillos slumped in the first half of 2015 compared to the same period of the previous year, as a result of the withdrawal of the tax advantage for eco-cigarillos. Tax stamp withdrawals in the other sectors of the tobacco products market are marginally up.
- In July 2015, production of cigarettes in Canada decreased by just 0.7% over the figure recorded in June.
- BAT is to close its Moscow-based Liggett-Ducat cigarette factory by mid-2016. The closure has been caused by the sharply declining market for cigarettes.
- The German cigarette industry faces a threat to its export capacity as the new draft law to implement the new EU Tobacco Directive contains a clause which bans the export of products which are not permitted on the German market.
Tobacco Insights, is a monthly report by Canadean which provides extensive and highly detailed information on the changing production and consumption patterns affected by the recent developments related to new law and regulation globally.
What else does this report offer?
- Consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise in the industry in order to offer data about the trends and dynamics affecting the Tobacco industry.
- Recent activities of the manufacturers operating in the industry.
- Detailed company profiles, highlighting key focus product sectors with the key features and developments, segmentation, per capita trends and the brands.
Reasons To Buy
- Evaluate important changes in consumer behavior to identify profitable markets and areas for product innovation.
- Analyse the current and forecast market position of the brands to identify the best opportunities to exploit.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption by individual product categories to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
Table Of ContentsA Global Perspective
Cigarette Consumption and Production
Cigarette Consumption Trends, 2004-2014
Cigarette Production Trends, 2003-2013
Regional Cigarette Consumption, 2013
Regional Cigarette Production, 2013
Per Capita Consumption of Cigarettes by Country, 2004-2014
Key Company Facts
Cigarette Business Review
Company Strengths, Strategies and Performance
Alliance One International
Amcor Tobacco Packaging
Lucio Tan Group
Reynolds American Inc
Sherman's 100 Broadway
Vector Group Ltd.
Stock Market Performance
Global Population Trends
DisclaimerList Of TablesTable 1: Global Cigarette Consumption, pieces (million), 2004-2013
Table 2: Global Cigarette Production, pieces (million), 2003-2013
Table 3: Regional Cigarette Consumption, 2013
Table 4: Regional Cigarette Production, 2013
Table 5: Per Capita Consumption of Cigarettes by Country, pieces, 2004-2014
Table 6: Canada: Monthly Cigarette Production and Sales, 2010-2015
Table 7: Germany: Tobacco Products, Changes in Tax Stamp Sales, First Half 2015
Table 8: Germany: Cigars/Cigarillos, Growth Rates by Sector
Table 9: Japan: JT Monthly Cigarette Sales, Fiscal 2013-2016
Table10: Spain: Monthly Tobacco Quantities Released for Consumption, 2006-2015
Table11: Spain: Monthly Brand Shares, 2014 and2015
Table12: UK: Tobacco Quantities Released for Consumption, 2009-2015
Table13: USA: Monthly Tobacco Consumption and Output Trends, 2014 and 2015
Table14: Gudang Garam: Subsidiaries, 2014
Table15: Gudang Garam: Financial Highlights, 2006-2014
Table16: PT Gudang Garam Tbk: Sales Revenue by Activity, 2011-2014
Table17: Gudang Garam: Global Cigarette Sales and Share Development, 2000-2014
Table18: Indonesia Kreteks and White Cigarettes: Manufacturer Sales and Market Shares, 2001-2014
Table19: Indonesia: Kretek Market Size, Company Share and Sales Volume, 2001-2014
Table 20: Indonesia: Machine-Made Kreteks, Manufacturer Shares, 2000-2008
Table 21: Indonesia: Hand-Rolled Kreteks Manufacturer Shares, 2000-2008
Table 22: Gudang Garam Export Sales Volume, 2000-2014
Table 23: Gudang Garam Export Sales Volume, 2005-2014
Table 24: Gudang Garam: Overseas Agents
Table 25: Stock Market Performance, 2002-2015
Table 26: Global Population Trends, 2000-2014List Of FiguresFigure 1: Imports as % of Consumption, 2013
Figure 2: Exports as % of Production, 2013
Figure 3: Japan Tobacco: Consolidated Financial Results for January 1st - June 30th, 2015
Figure 4: Japan Tobacco: Japanese Domestic Tobacco Business, January-June 2014 and 2015