Super grid refers to the technology used to distribute electricity in high volume over long distances. Super grids are also known as “mega grid” or “smart grid”. Advancement in infrastructure that are consuming high energy, and an increase in the usage of renewable energy sources with the integration of conventional grid scale technologies are some of the major driving factors for the super grid market. The growth of the super grid market is being hampered by raw material cost issues- especially in developing economies, and prolonged licensing procedures for commercialization which has intensified the competition amongst players operating in the market. However, these issues may soon be resolved, , as a number of private and government authorities are increasingly adopting super grid technologies in order to expand their transmission and distribution infrastructure.
Major players in the super grids market are Alstom Grid, Schneider Electric SA, Siemens AG, Alcan Cable, China Electric Power Equipment and Technology Co., Ltd. (CET), KEI Industries Limited (KEI), Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL), American Superconductor Corporation (AMSC) and AZZ Incorporated. Alstom Grid's Voltage Source Convertor (VSC), launched in 2010, is a type of HVDC MaxSineTM super grid that provides various environmental benefits (such as a reduced carbon footprint) that make this system ideal for urban and suburban areas. The global super grids market is segmented based on geography into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and LAMEA. Beside this the global super grid market would be mainly dominated by China, India, the United States and major European countries and these countries would maintain their dominance through 2020. Additionally, developing regions such as Latin America, Middle East and Africa would exhibit exponential growth during the forecast period.
- In-depth coverage of the global super grid market including drivers, restraints and opportunities would help professionals to better understand market behavior
- Detailed study of the strategies of key leaders, partnerships and acquisitions in the global super grid market would be informative for professionals in the corporate sector
- Porter’s Five Forces analysis examines the competitive structure of the global super grid market and would assist market strategists in their decision making process.
- Government regulations and guidelines are critically examined in the report according to region
- Pin-point analysis of geographic segments helps to identify opportunities for growth within the global super grid market
Key Market Segment
The global super grid market is segmented by geography
- North America
- United States
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East