Brands can significantly benefit from developing an in-depth understanding of the reasons for the success and failure of new product launches or marketing campaigns. This case study outlines how innovative laundry effectively targeted time-poor consumers who feel overwhelmed by the laundry process.
- Use Canadean Consumer's selection of successful and failed product launches and marketing campaigns from across the globe to inspire innovation.
- Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have under-performed: failed innovation can severely impact profit and reputation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success.
- Obtain a broader appreciation of the consumer packaged goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
Reasons To Buy
- Why is Pandamp;G Tide Pods considered an interesting case of success?
- What consumer insight underpins this success?
- Which consumer trends has this product innovation capitalized on?
- What can I learn from the success of Pandamp;G Tide Pods?
Despite the launch delay (the product was launched in the market six months later than expected) and the issues around safety (with the risk of kids ingesting pouches), Tide Pods achieved $226m in sales since its launch in February through to November 2012.
The price premium of Tide Pods did not prevent consumers from experimenting with the new product and repeating purchases. The innovation strategy used by the brand - centered around concentrated cleaning power and convenience - was powerful enough to attract consumers independently of price.
Table Of ContentsN/AList Of TablesN/AList Of FiguresN/A