Consumer lifecycle (related to appeal to limited demographics) is a factor with critical significance for the ability to retain consumers and sustain sales in categories across FMCG. This is particularly the case in meal kits or snacking options targeted at kids, where product relevance and appeal diminish into the teenage years. Therefore, growth opportunities can be cultivated with the correct implementation of "aging up" strategies to appeal to older demographics and their specific needs.
- Lunchables Uploaded highlights that opportunities can stem from aging up (or down) established products if the content and messaging are matched to the needs of different age groups. Products such as meal kits, beverages, personal care items, and packaging all have potential for tailoring appeal to age groups that fall outside the original target.
- Although the "Uploaded" tag could be described as a cliché in terms of trying to build teen appeal, the overall strategy clearly resonated with the intended audience. Uploaded also successfully conveyed secondary meanings in the form of the upsizing ("loading up") of the product and aging it up from kids to teens.
- The health trend has become the lynchpin of modern consumer market development in many areas. However, it is wise to remember that it is not a universal consideration. In the Lunchables Uploaded example, the criticism the brand receives on health grounds is washing over it because it is less relevant to target consumers and consumption occasions.
- Success: Lunchables Uploaded is part of Canadeans Successes and Failures research. It examines the details of and reasons behind the success of Oscar Mayers teen-focused meal kits.
- It delivers the critical "what?", "why?", and "so what?" analysis to teach you crucial lessons that increase your chances of launching successful products.
Reasons To Buy
- Use Canadeans selection of successful and failed product launches and marketing campaigns from across the globe to inspire innovation.
- Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have under-performed: failed innovation can severely impact profit and reputation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
Table Of ContentsNAList Of TablesNAList Of FiguresNA