The sun care market in the US is forecast to have a CAGR of 1.71% for the period 2016-20, slightly above other segments such as skincare, with a CAGR of 1.50% for the same period. New solutions marketed based on quality and featuring scientifically advanced ingredients may help to invigorate market figures and renew the category.
- Shiseidos Wet Force range is an innovative range that improves its UV protection in contact with water. This creates a unique line that combines a positioning based on high-quality results with a clear convenient approach that avoids consumers having to constantly reapply the lotion.
- The product comes in a very distinctive high-quality packaging design, created with the goal of addressing a premium market and female consumers, who are responsible for most grocery purchases in the US.
- Due to its benefits, the Wet Force range is marketed linked to various contexts such as outdoor sports, a very interesting strategy that may help to overcome the seasonality of sun care products.
- An advanced formulation helps companies to counteract the threat of private label brands, which over the last few years have built a higher-quality image, and also allows manufacturers to address a more premium market. This offers several opportunities if companies raise awareness about sun damage.
"Success Case Study: Shiseido Wet Force Sun Care Range" is part of Canadeans Successes and Failures research and explores the reasons for the success of this product in the US.
- WHAT? Understand the characteristics of Shiseidos Wet Force sun care range.
- WHY? Discover how the Wet Force range has successfully provided a highly effective yet convenient solution to US consumers.
- TAKE-OUT: Learn from this success, seeking further opportunities in the sun care segment.
Reasons To Buy
- Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have under-performed: failed innovation can severely impact profit and reputation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
Table Of ContentsAbout this research
A new UV protection range made to work with water
A complete range with exclusive technology
Shiseido Wet Force became a swift success
A technology that uses components present in water
Scientifically advanced ingredients resonate
Convenience as a result of advanced technologies
A customized solution: active lifestyles
A customized solution: sensitive skin
Packaging designed to succeed
Create new occasions to use sun lotions
Use scientific approaches to neutralize private label
Target opportunities in the premium segment
About CanadeanList Of TablesN/AList Of FiguresN/A