Brand guardians can significantly benefit from developing an in-depth understanding of the reasons for the success or failure of new product launches or marketing campaigns. This study explores key aspects of Desperados' marketing activations in the UK that enabled the brand to successfully establish an emergent beer segment and achieve brand prominence.
- Use Canadean Consumer's selection of successful and failed product launches and marketing campaigns from across the globe to inspire innovation.
- Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have under-performed: failed innovation can severely impact profit and reputation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success.
- Obtain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
Reasons To Buy
- Why is Desperados considered an interesting case of success?
- What consumer insight underpins the ongoing success of Desperados?
- Which consumer trends have Desperados capitalized on?
- What can I learn from Desperados' successful approach to establishing an emergent beer segment in a category losing consumers to auxiliary categories?
Positioning the tequila-flavored lager as a party drink, rather than a beer, enabled Desperados to adopt an occasion-based approach targeting the lifestyle cues of a clearly defined consumer segment.
Speaking directly to the natural tendencies and preference of young, party-going urbanites, the brand utilized sensory and experiential marketing heavily focused on driving trial to overcome the cohort's hesitation or unfamiliarity to the tequila concept, while building a strong music and party association.
Table Of ContentsN/AList Of TablesN/AList Of FiguresN/A