The frozen fish and seafood category is predicted to see a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3% between 2015 and 2019 in the UK, and frozen meat is expected to have a CAGR of 0.8% in the same period. This could be due to the increase in time-poor consumers wanting something quick and efficient, with frozen food often seen as a backup option, which can be an essential part of such lifestyles. However, consumers generally do not want to sacrifice the quality of their consumption experience. The frozen food industry must convince consumers that it can offer indulgent, high-quality meals that consumers will pick as their first choice rather than simply due to convenience.
- Understand the limitation of frozen food when it comes to premiumization, since consumers usually buy these products in the middle of the price range. It would be unrealistic to expect consumers to pay a much higher price.
- The concept of family is changing, which will expand both the target audience of frozen food and the opportunities for wider product ranges.
- Authenticity is also a key factor when making purchase decisions, especially for premium items. Authenticity is associated with quality, as it suggests that a product is made from good ingredients. Quality is often seen by consumers as lacking in many frozen foods on the market. Birds Eye has made it clear that frozen food can be consumers' first choice rather than a convenient backup food.
"Success: Birds Eye Inspirations" is part of Canadean's Successes and Failures research. It examines the details of and reasons behind the success of Birds Eye Inspirations range. It delivers the critical "what?", "why?", and "so what?" analysis to teach you crucial lessons that increase your chances of launching successful products.
Reasons To Buy
- Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have underperformed: failed innovation can severely impact profit and reputation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
Table Of ContentsAbout this Research
Summary: Birds Eye Inspirations
Inspirations was launched as a premium range
Birds Eye is a well-loved, established brand
Using clear differentiation to distinguish the range
Targeting a broader range of consumers
Enticing consumers with new flavors
Take-outs: conveying reality through "real people"
Take-outs: a change in family structure
AppendixList Of TablesLisst Of Figures