The Smart Electricity Meters are replacing traditional electricity meters. Smart electricity meters facilitate the in line communication of electricity suppliers with consumers electricity meters eliminating the manual intervention in meter readings. Smart Electricity meters provide consumers with an accurate real time data of their energy consumption whilst rendering a greater control over electricity consumption. The smart electricity meters also help the consumer in selecting tariff plans tailored to fit their energy consumption.
The smart meter market is witnessing significant growth with favourable government mandates and fiscal incentives. Also additional benefits such as efficient energy management, controlled energy consumption and greater security against electricity theft will drive the smart meter market. Requirement of smart meters for every household represents the potential of the market. Growth of smart meter market will also drive the market for components and auxiliary equipment. However the higher installation cost and non-acceptance by user may restrain its market growth.
North America, China and Europe are the major hubs for the smart meter market. The key market players include Itron Inc, Landis+Gyr Ltd, GE Energy Company, Elster Group (Germany) and Sensus USA Inc.
This report outlines the current scenario of the smart electricity meter market, with an estimation of expected growth trends and an analysis of all the key factors influencing this market. It also describes the competitive scenario and its intensity in the near future along with a forecast of the global smart electricity meter market. The study also showcases all the segments covering this market on the basis of type of consumer and geography. Key players are profiled with detailed information on their business overview, product portfolio, financials, investments, news and recent developments.
- The report highlights a blueprint the global smart electricity meter market with an analysis of the current and future growth trends, driving factors, scope, opportunities and the challenges in the market
- The report also highlights the government policies regarding mandates along with fiscal incentives and their impact on the market
- The report provides a current market scenario with a forecast through 2014-2020, considering 2013 as the base year
- Porters Five Forces model is used to analyse the potency of buyers & suppliers, and highlights a competitive structure of the market, which would enable market players to develop effective strategies
- Key companies in the Smart Electricity Meters market are profiled along with their SWOT analysis
- Value chain analysis provides a systematic study of role of stakeholders involved in the value chain of the market such as suppliers, smart meter manufacturers and power generation and transmission and distribution operators
The market is segmented on the basis of End-User and Geography.
MARKET BY END-USER
MARKET BY GEOGRAPHY
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Itron Inc
- Landis+Gyr Ltd
- GE Energy Company
- Elster Group
- Sensus USA Inc
- Silver Spring
- Jiangsu Linyang
- Holley Metering