Radiation hardening is a technique of making electronics and semiconductors devices resistant to damage caused by radiation. Radiation hardened devices are primarily used in high altitude applications where radiation could damage functioning of electronic components. Radiation tolerant components are employed in satellite system power supply, switching regulators, and microprocessors in military and space applications. The prevention of gamma radiation and neutron radiation caused by nuclear reactors is possible due to radiation hardened components.Increasing demand for radiation hardened electronics from the communication satellites segment and increasing number of space missions in various countries are driving factors for growth of the market. However, challenge to create actual testing environment and manufacturing & design challenges hinder growth of the market. On the other hand, growing R & D activities at various space stations and demand from commercial and military applications create opportunities in the market.The world radiation hardened electronics and semiconductors market is segmented based on component, manufacturing technique, application, and geography. The components covered in the report are processors & controllers, logic, memory, power management, ASICs and FPGAs. On the basis of manufacturing technique, the market is further classified into RHBP and RHBD. Applications included in the report are aerospace & defense and space. Geographically, the market is divided into North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, and Latin America, Middle East and Africa (LAMEA).The prominent companies operating in the market are Honeywell Aerospace, BAE Systems, Microsemi Corporation, Xilinx Incorporation, Texas Instruments, Maxwell Technologies, Intersil Corporation, Atmel Corporation, Linear Technology Corporation, and ST Microelectronics. New product launches, collaborations, approvals, mergers & acquisitions, partnerships, joint ventures, expansions, and others are some of the strategies adopted by prominent companies to strengthen their position in the market.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- The report offers a detailed analysis of key driving and restraining factors of the world radiation hardened electronics and semiconductors market.
- This report offers an in-depth quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2015-2020, which assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- An exhaustive analysis of key strategies adopted by leading manufacturers helps in understanding competitive scenario.
- The report provides an extensive analysis of current and future market status of the world radiation hardened electronics and semiconductors market.
- Comprehensive analysis has been done in this report by constructing market estimations for the key market segments between 2015 and 2020.
- An extensive analysis of current research and clinical developments withinthe world radiation hardened electronics and semiconductors market is provided with key market dynamic factors that help in understanding the behavior of the market.
- The world radiation hardened electronics and semiconductors market is segmented into North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, and Latin America, Middle East and Africa (LAMEA).
THE RADIATION HARDENED ELECTRONICS AND SEMICONDUCTORD MARKET KEY SEGMENTS:
- The Radiation Hardened Electronics and Semiconductors Market By Component
- Processors & Controllers
- Power Management
- The Radiation Hardened Electronics and Semiconductors Market By Manufacturing Technique
- The Radiation Hardened Electronics and Semiconductors Market By Application
- Aerospace & Defense
- The Radiation Hardened Electronics and Semiconductors Market By Geography
- North America
- Latin America, Middle East and Africa (LAMEA)
- KEY MARKET PLAYERS:
- Honeywell Aerospace
- BAE Systems
- Microsemi Corporation
- Xilinx Incorporation
- Texas Instruments
- Maxwell Technologies
- Intersil Corporation
- Atmel Corporation
- Linear Technology Corporation
- ST Microelectronics